CHAMONIX 57FS-2 5x7" View Camera
For the 5x7 format, Chamonix produces 3 models: 57N, 57Fs-2, and 57W-d.
The 57N is a horizontal-only model for photography in landscape orientation. The 57Fs-2 and 57W-d models have convertible backs for photography in either landscape or portrait orientation.
The cameras in the 57 series are made with teak. (Note that walnut and maple are no longer available. See CAMERAS tab above for more information.)
The metal parts–front/rear standards and small parts–are painted black to complement the color of the carbon fiber components of the camera.
The 57Fs-2 view camera is based on Chamonix's popular 45F1 camera and features asymmetrical tilts of the rear standard. The current 57Fs-2 model comes with a Graflox adapter that will accept a 617 roll film back. The 57Fs-2 camera uses Sinar-type lens boards. This should be the camera of choice for landscape and architecture photographers.
- Weight: 2,780 grams
- Front: Sinar lens board
- Rise: 72mm, Fall: 24mm
- Front shift: left: 50mm, right: 50mm
- Front tilt: 30° front and back
- Rear standard：swing :10° left and right
- Rear rise: 45mm
- Rear tilt：30° front and back
- Asymmetrical tilt: 20° rear
- Rear standard forward：80mm
- Bellows draw: :max: 530mm (680mm with extension board), min: 55mm
- Folded size: ：290mm X 239.3mm X 103.5mm